Surely you know Shein, the successful Chinese fashion store for women, with a huge catalog of items at a good price. But did you know that you can sell their clothes among your acquaintances?
Remember you can get unlimited coupons at Shein. Enter this link and we will tell you how.
As Shein offers fashionable clothes at low prices, many users thought of creating their own business by reselling the products of this store to their friends and neighbors to generate an extra monthly income in their economy.
For this reason, below we are going to tell you all the details about how to make money selling Shein clothes.
Are you allowed to sell Shein clothes?
If you read the terms and conditions of the company, you will see that it is not allowed to sell, reproduce or modify the garments of this store by third parties without prior authorization.
If the sale of their products is prohibited, why are there users who sell Shein without any problem?
First of all, unless you buy hundreds of garments and set up a parallel store to Shein, it is practically impossible to raise suspicions, since it is a company with a worldwide presence and cannot have full control of what users do. However, what can get you into trouble is if you alter the designs of the garments or their labels so that they pass as if they were your own brand.
Those who resell Shein clothing do so through small second-hand stores. If you sell this way, you won’t have any problems. You can even add clothes from other similar stores in small quantities. As you will see, this type of business will allow you to resell Shein without having to worry about.
How to sell Shein clothing
Usually, those who start with this type of business, do it as a second job since it does not demand a lot of time and allows them to have an extra income at the end of the month in a simple way.
But what is the business model that will make this work? In principle, there are two ways: buy to resell or be a middleman.
Buy to resell at a premium
In this business, you must use your money to acquire a good stock of garments from the store and then resell it among your acquaintances or online.
With this modality you will have the advantage of creating a tailor-made business. This means that you will be able to select the style or genre you want to sell. From the extensive catalog that Shein offers, choose what you like the most: for example, you can sell exclusively sportswear or party dresses.
When pricing the garments, you will have to take into account the money you spent on the product and add a percentage so that the sale generates profits. You can even further customize your business by offering other services such as new payment facilities, gift bags, birthday cards or home delivery and thus charge a higher percentage.
However, this method has the disadvantage that you will be the one who will have to choose the garments and sizes and have them ready before you know what customers prefer. This makes that your offer is reduced only to those who are interested in buying the products you sell.
Being a middleman selling at page prices
Despite the fact that online shopping is growing day by day, there are still people who do not know how to buy online or are wary of giving their bank details. That is why they prefer someone else to do the process for them and this is the second business modality you can have.
That is, you can be a shopping facilitator between Shein and customers. To do this, you will have to show yourself as such and as you do this task, with the help of word of mouth, more customers will look for you.
Note that you can purchase unlimited coupons for discounts on your Shein purchases. Click here and find out how.
Your customers will be able to view the catalog on Shein’s website from their mobile or computer and order the products they want to buy from you. Then, your job will be to collect all the orders, make the purchase on the platform and once you receive the products, you will be in charge of delivering them to each customer.
So far so clear, but where do the profits come from? With this type of business, your profit can come from the purchase of several products at once or, if you prefer, by charging your customers a commission for each purchase you make. When setting the amount, keep in mind that there may be competition.
With this modality, you do not need to have a large amount of capital to get started. Another option is to ask your customers for half of the purchase amount before placing the order and the other half when you deliver the products. There are those who ask for the total value from the beginning, but that depends on what you decide.
If you offer this intermediary service, there is no way you will have legal problems. Another advantage of this type of business with respect to the one we saw before, is that your customers will be able to have the product of the size they want, without limits.
How to make a profit?
Now let’s see in what other ways, besides charging for the service you offer, you can expand your profit margin by selling Shein clothing.
1. Coupons and discount codes
A great way to pay less money for the order you place on Shein, is by using coupons and discount codes. To get them, you can do the following:
- By registering on the platform and placing the first order, you will get discounts of different percentages.
- The site s’subscribe to the newsletter also receive a code and free shipping for your order as long as you are a new user in the store.
- By visiting the page daily you will be able to find out about all the current promotions so that you can take advantage of them.
- Don’t just limit yourself to the Shein page: you can also find coupons and promotions on other websites or by following influencers.
- It is recommended that you google “shein coupons“, il y a des promotions générales trouvées valides.
It is important to note that sometimes coupons and discount codes are incompatible with Shein sales.
You can use Clearpay to buy products on Shein and pay later, without interest. This application will avoid the need to invest from the beginning of your business, since it will allow you to buy up to €800 and pay in four installments. As requirements, you must be over 18 years old and have a credit or debit card to make the corresponding payments.
Clearpay will allow you to finance yourself quickly: when you make the orders, you will not pay but you will receive the money from your customers instantly. This will give you the necessary liquidity to reinvest in more Shein items.
If you are interested in this payment method and want to know more, enter here.
3. Free shipping
When your order exceeds a certain amount of money or it is a special day like Sundays, Shein will offer you free shipping. It is recommended that you check the website daily so that you know as soon as possible and can take advantage of this or other benefits.
4. Gift cards
Don’t forget this option because the cards will cost you less money than you are allowed to spend: for example, a 100€ gift card will cost you 90€. If you want to know which card is the most convenient for you, click on this link.
Shein also has a points system that will allow you to earn points every time you place an order on the platform. Another way to do this is by posting comments or uploading images about the products you have received.
As points represent future discounts for your purchases, they can be considered a form of profit in your business. Every 100 points will earn you one US dollar and you can add up to 2000 points daily.
If you want to learn more about Shein points, click here.
Where to sell?
Since this is a small business, it is recommended that you sell in circles of people you know. You can choose from the following options:
1. Social networks
Whether you decide to invest in Shein clothing or be an intermediary between the company and buyers, you’re going to have to advertise. The more interaction you have with potential customers through your content, the more your business will grow. As today everything goes through social networks, the best thing to do is to have a presence on Instagram, opening an account to show what you do.
It is essential to have good pictures of your products. You can create a personal aesthetic for your brand and post frequently so that your followers remember you and consider you when shopping.
In case you are an intermediary, you can upload pictures of customer orders, graphics with information about the service you offer, ideas for outfits with Shein garments or even customer reviews about the service.
2. Selling in groups
Another way to sell is to create diffusion groups, with the aim of informing about the garments you have available, give some details or reveal what products are coming soon.
If you offer the service of intermediary, creating diffusion groups will allow you to inform the dates on which you plan to place orders. Our recommendation is to buy once or twice a month to gather as many orders as possible and minimize costs.
Keep in mind that if you place numerous orders for a good amount of garments, Shein may suspect that you are reselling their products.
3. Platforms for sale between individuals
Other free options to offer your products are the Facebook platforms Martkeplace, Letgo or Wallapop, but you should know which application your potential customers use the most.
4. Virtual store
Having your own virtual store is a good complement to the previous options to offer your products to individuals. You can open it on sites like Beseif and the procedure is simple: create your account, configure it and upload the files for each article. Customers, when entering, will be able to see what garments you have available, pay and decide how to receive the order.
Don’t forget that these types of sites will cost you a commission, although they can also bring you many more customers.
To conclude, we are going to give you a list of tips that will facilitate the management of your business, whatever the modality you choose:
1. Selling at page price (intermediary).
- Get clients: When starting a business, it is essential that you have networks of relationships with your acquaintances so that many people talk about your service and recommend it to others. This way you will win more and more clients.
- Create groups on social networks: As you gain customers, create broadcast groups on your favorite networks to spread the word about your products, prices, order deadlines and much more. An Instagram account will also help you reach a larger number of buyers.
- Earn points and discount coupons: It is essential that you take into account these tools to obtain greater profits in your business. Even if you sell the products at the price indicated by Shein, with the discounts you will pay much less.
- Choose a payment method: Decide what your customers’ payment method will be, either before placing the order or after receiving it. Let them know if they will be charged a fee for the service you provide.
- Place the order on Shein: Gather various items from customers to make the purchase. Our recommendation is that you make two or three monthly orders so that you have time to organize yourself and avoid problems.
- Deliver the products: Once the orders arrive, you must coordinate with each buyer the day and time of delivery. Keep in mind that if you make home deliveries, you will be offering them a complete service and most likely they will want to buy from you again.
2. Sale with extra cost (reseller)
- Make an initial budget: In this business you do not need to have a large amount of money to start. Buying between 10 and 20 garments, you will pay between €100 and €150 and you will have a good number of products to start selling. In case you do not have liquidity, you can finance your purchase with a credit card.
- Choose a payment method: You will have to decide which payment methods you will accept. It can be in cash, by transfers, PayPal, debit or credit cards. You can also create an online store on Beseif or a similar platform and charge through a payment button.
- Customize your business: The best thing is that you choose a single category within the clothing and aim at a specific target audience. This will allow you to retain a specific type of customer.
- Create an account on Instagram: To advertise your business, choose this social network and you can pay for ads for little money so that people who are nearby know what you do.
- Acquire points and discount coupons: They are an excellent way to earn money shopping at Shein, since instead of spending on clothes, you save or spend on another product you need.
- Place the order: When you decide which garments you want to sell, all you have to do is place the order through Shein. Here you should take into account the sizes and models that can attract more customers. Don’t forget that you can start by making a small investment -you don’t need to spend on hundreds of garments-.
- Take good photos and keep your social networks active: You can make small productions from home showing your clothes with good lighting from different angles. Post this material frequently so that the Instagram algorithm shows your business to a larger number of followers.
- Collect and send the orders to your customers: When the products arrive, put together personalized bags, with cards and your own stamp. Organize which will be the delivery points, home deliveries or withdrawals and receive the money for each order.
- Register your business legally: Once you have made several sales (between 5 and 10 garments) our recommendation is that you register as an entrepreneur, so you can legally declare profits and consolidate medium or long term your business